2015/09/01

On the Horizon

TIFF15 is just over a week away and plans are well underway for this year's cinematic pilgrimage, #40 for the folks on King Street and #30 for me.

After scouring the catalogue last week, I made my choices yesterday and the tickets will be waiting for me on Labour Day, with the first film scheduled for 6 pm on the 10th.

So what does the week hold? I've tried to select from each of the separate programs on the schedule and I think I'm only missing two of them -- the shorts program and the Kids program, to be exact. There are films from every continent except for the Antarctic and several languages.

As usual, I will try to capture some of my impressions of the films and sights in the festival, getting a (necessary) break from electioneering on either side of the 49th parallel. There will be time for that once I come out the other side on Sept 20th.

No comments: