2009/09/21

Curtain falls

TIFF 09 ended (for me) around 2 am Sunday morning with the Midnight Madness screening of "Ong Bak 2: The Beginning".

Overall, it was a good TIFF for me. I made it to 46 screenings and can only think of 2 or 3 films that really didn't work for me.

The festival had its awards luncheon on Saturday, with "Precious" winning the People's Choice award and "Cairo Time" the Best Canadian feature. I didn't make it to either and didn't hear any comments from others about them. To be honest, though, it wasn't a year where there was much in the way of buzz about any particular film or films.

I have a few loose ends to tie off for this year's effort (a handful of reviews for the last couple of days, cleaning up previous blog entries to add additional detail and correct minor errors) which I will try to take care of this week.
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments: