2012/09/12

Imagine

Every year, the schedule starts with a foundation of "known quantities" -- a director I've followed over the years, something I've read about in the months preceding TIFF or a story I know.

And then there are the wild cards. The films with no history beyond the description in the catalog but with a hint that there may be something there that I'd enjoy.

"Imagine" falls into the latter category, a story of a blind man who attempts to teach blind kids are to live without the need of a cane or other aids.

I was curious how a visual medium like film could be used to tell this story and put it in the schedule.

It turned out to be a very good choice. A strong ensemble cast (led by Edward Hogg as the teacher) and a quiet, graceful narrative made for a beautiful film.

Highly recommended.

--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments: