2008/09/05

Altered States

One of the things I've found over 20 years of attending film festivals is that it exists in a separate reality from the rest of the world. I'm sure this applies to the celebrity-filled world of the Galas, but it applies as much to the "other" festival that I spend my time in.

While I try to keep up on ehat's going on "out there", often it's done through scanning newspaper boxes on the street.

As an example, those masters of understatement, the Toronto Sun, had the folllowing headline this morning: Terror in the Heart of TO. Much as I've tried to stay informed, I think I've missed the terror -- was there an act of violence, did Mr Harper finally go postal or did they run out of swag at Roy Thomson Hall last night?

An enquiring mind wants to know!
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments: