2008/09/04

Lights dim...

So here we are in the first line of the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). I'm standing just north of Dundas on Gould, waiting for the games to begin.

How does a film festival begin.
? 2008 sees a little Icelandic film about a "Country Wedding".

Why this one? Well, as always, the first film is a creature of the schedule, but I usually try to see Icelandic films when they're here. Aside from the jaw-dropping scenery, there's the uniquely black Icelandic sense of humour.

A quick note. I will drop entries into the blog as thoughts come to mind. This will be mostly about the films (after all, that's why I do this), but there will likely be other things that will find their way to the site.

As time permits, I will try to go back and add hyperlinks and possibly photos to the mix. While this is a small violation of the world of blogging, I think it will be a reasonable and useful violation.
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments: